Friday, May 6, 2011

Mirror Collage

The past few weeks have been super busy. I have moved apartments and completed my first semester of Grad school. Because of this move I am predicting lots of projects in my future. The first one was completed by my roommate and it is soooooo very cute and very easy! It is a mirror collage- she wanted me to note that she does have curtains they just weren't up when the photo was taken.

Supplies:
Frames of various shapes and sizes (these were found at antique stores)
Spray paint
Old magazines
Picture hanging tools

Steps:
1. Cover the mirrors with old magazines. We folded ours to make sure they fit perfectly.

2. Spray paint the frame surrounding the mirror. At first we tried to spray paint outside but the wind was blowing and little pieces of pine straw and all kinds of outdoor things were sticking to the paint.  We moved the spray painting inside after that.  We went to Wal-mart and bought the spray paint, it is nothing to fancy and it work just fine.













3. Let dry
4. Hang- couldn't be any simpler and it is adorable!

I will post a picture of her whole room once everything is complete!

This post is dedicated to Rachel my roommate since she created this cute collage, Stuart her boyfriend for hanging the mirrors and all the hanging I foresee in his future and the parking lot at our apartment there are now about 12 outlines of frames and mirrors on the concert from all the spray painting!

8 comments:

  1. um i love this... can i copy the idea?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do!! Come over and see it in person too

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great all painted the same colour - like it was ment to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The group of mirrors looks great. I really like that you used a variety of shapes. I just painted a gold oval mirror a similar aqua blue for our kitchen and love the change too. I'm thinking of a grouping of larger mirrors for our stair wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this! Stopping by from the Sugarbeecrafts party. I would love for you to come link up to my party too, going on all week! Thanks
    ~Iffy~

    www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice! lovely colour. I night try this myself...off to find some old frames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your article. Thanks for sharing good information.
    Living Room Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just painted a gold oval mirror a similar aqua blue for our kitchen and love the change too. I'm thinking of a grouping of larger mirrors for our stair wall.Bird Accessories

    ReplyDelete