Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nutella Shots

Being 23 is kind of like being 13
Nutella shots & a Pinata

My roommate turned twenty-three on Saturday. What are you supposed to do for a 23rd birthday? I was talking to my friend Megan about this predicament a couple of weeks ago. She made a very interesting comment that I think is right on. "Being 23 is kind of like being 13," She said "At 13 you are at an awkward stage between being a teenage and still being a kid. At 23 you are awkwardly between an adult and a college student." So for this 23rd birthday we teeter tottered between being an adult and acting  like a college student. We had Nutella shots and a pinata! 




Ingredients
  • Nutella
  • Chocolate Liqueur
  • Hazelnut Liqueur
  • Heavy Whipping Cream
  • Chocolate Syrup
When I looked up a recipe for shots with Nutella they all called for expensive Godiva Liquors and things like that. Since I'm ballin' on a budget, I went to the store and came up with my own recipe. All together I think I spent around 25 bucks and it  made a ton of shots!


  1. Mix the chocolate syrup into the heavy whipping cream, just like you are making chocolate milk. I only used about 1/2 of the carton of whipping cream.
  2. Pour equal parts Chocolate liquor and Hazelnut liquor into a shaker.
  3. Pour twice as much chocolate whipping cream as Chocolate and Hazelnut liquor into the shaker and shake. At first I used equal parts of all three ingredients and it was way to potent!
  4. After you shake all the ingredients put some Nutella on a plate and dip the top of the shot glasses into to Nutella. Making sure the whole top is generously covered in Nutella.
  5. Finally, pour the shot into the shot glass
  6. ENJOY! Responsibly of course 





The Birthday Girl with her yummy shot!

The Pinata

The Swiffer

The thing was indestructible- a high heel did the trick

1 comment:

  1. hey ashton! thanks for checking out my blog... im sure rachel told you about all the bach. weekend! haha. i love yourblog, too! those nutella shots look delish!

    ReplyDelete