Being 23 is kind of like being 13
Nutella shots & a Pinata
My roommate turned twenty-three on Saturday. What are you supposed to do for a 23rd birthday? I was talking to my friend Megan about this predicament a couple of weeks ago. She made a very interesting comment that I think is right on. "Being 23 is kind of like being 13," She said "At 13 you are at an awkward stage between being a teenage and still being a kid. At 23 you are awkwardly between an adult and a college student." So for this 23rd birthday we teeter tottered between being an adult and acting like a college student. We had Nutella shots and a pinata!
- Chocolate Liqueur
- Hazelnut Liqueur
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
When I looked up a recipe for shots with Nutella they all called for expensive Godiva Liquors and things like that. Since I'm ballin' on a budget, I went to the store and came up with my own recipe. All together I think I spent around 25 bucks and it made a ton of shots!
- Mix the chocolate syrup into the heavy whipping cream, just like you are making chocolate milk. I only used about 1/2 of the carton of whipping cream.
- Pour equal parts Chocolate liquor and Hazelnut liquor into a shaker.
- Pour twice as much chocolate whipping cream as Chocolate and Hazelnut liquor into the shaker and shake. At first I used equal parts of all three ingredients and it was way to potent!
- After you shake all the ingredients put some Nutella on a plate and dip the top of the shot glasses into to Nutella. Making sure the whole top is generously covered in Nutella.
- Finally, pour the shot into the shot glass
- ENJOY! Responsibly of course
The Birthday Girl with her yummy shot!
The thing was indestructible- a high heel did the trick